Monday 29 June 2015

Book Haul: June Trip to Barnes and Noble

Hey there! How are you doing? I'm lovely, thanks for asking! Just got back from camp, and am jumping back into the swing of things. I went to Barnes and Noble today because there were a few books I needed to pick up and a few I really wanted. So let's get into this!

Summer Reading (Required)

The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
I am required to read this for AP Lit. I'm looking forward to it, and I'm really excited to, you know, finish it. Because it's required. (Kidding, kind of).

Shakespeare: The World as Stage by Bill Bryson
This is required reading for my Brit Lit 1 class, which is one of my electives this year. I love Shakespeare and I love the teacher who is teaching it, aka my AP Lang teacher, so I'm really excited for that class and learning more about Billy S.

Summer Reading (For Fun)

Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider
As someone who just got over pneumonia, I am so excited about this. At 17, poor Lane is diagnosed with an incurable strain of TB. He is sent to Latham House, which is "part hospital and part boarding school" and there he runs into a girl he used to know who has transformed. The book alternates points of view, and I'm excited considering her last book was so spectacular.

Me Being Me is Exactly as Insane as You Being You by Todd Hasak-Lowy
This whole book is written in lists. Darren's parents divorce, his best friend moves away, and his year is really sucky in general. So when his dad shows up with news that turns Darren's world upside down, he skips school and goes out to his best friend's new school. I'm excited to see how the unconventional way of writing works out, and also I'm excited to see how this story turns out. I hope it's not like Me and Earl and the Dying Girl.

The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
Basically: College baseball team thrown a curveball. That's pretty much all there is to know.

The Girl's Guide to Being a Boss (Without Being a Bitch) by Caitlin Friedman and Kimberly Yorio
Following my experience at drum major camp and the leadership weekend I attended prior, I wanted to focus in on this because of events that have transpired.

That's all the books I bought :)

Peace bros

Robin





No comments:

Post a Comment